Tong Po Chau Dinghy Racing Series
The Club Dinghy Racing season runs throughout the year, divided into the Autumn, Spring and Summer Series, usually consisting of five or six race days, with two to three races on each day. This is a fun series perfect for those new to racing as well as regular Club racers.
Summer Series 2021
Sun 11 Jul
Sun 8 Aug
Other Race Documents
ABC Dinghy Race Flags click download HERE
Latest Dinghy Handicap List HERE
Explanation of the ABC Handicap System HERE
Spring Series 2021
Sun 28 Feb Results
Sun 16 May 29er and Div A Results
Autumn Series 2020
Opening up one day races
Summer Series 2020
Sun 7 June Racing Postponed due to weather
Sun 9 August Racing Cancelled
Spring Series 2020
Sun 23 February Racing Postponed due to weather
Sun 8 March Day Results
Sun 19 April Racing Cancelled
Autumn Series 2019
Sun 8 September Results
Sun 13 October Results
Sun 3 November Results
Sun 17 November Results
Photos by Felix Mak
[The term 'Helm' and/or 'Person in Charge' refers to the person, whether or not the owner of the boat, who is designated on the Entry Form as such and who is in charge of the boat during the race. The Helm is responsible for the crew before and after, as well as during each race in compliance with the ABC Dinghy Standard Sailing Instructions.]
I understand that this entry is subject to the approval of the Organising Authority.
I agree to abide by the Rules as outlined in point 1 of the ABC Dinghy Standard Sailing Instructions.
I have read and understood RRS Fundamental Rule 4 - Decision to Race.
I acknowledge that it is my sole responsibility to ensure compliance with the following:-
1. The Helm is entirely responsible for his/her boat's safety, and nothing, whether in the Tong Po Chau Dinghy Racing Series Notice of Race or ABC Standard Dinghy Sailing Instructions or anywhere else, reduces this responsibility.
2. It is for the Skipper to decide whether his/her boat is fit to sail in the conditions in which she will find herself. By going to sea the Skipper confirms that his/her boat is fit for those conditions and that the crew is competent to sail and compete in them.
3. The boat is required to hold adequate insurance and in particular to hold insurance against third party claims at least to a minimum cover required under Hong Kong SAR law. ABC members or cadets using club boats will be insured by the organising authority.
4. Nothing done by the organisers can reduce the responsibility of the Helm, Crew or boat, nor will it make the organisers responsible for any loss, damage, death or personal injury however it may have occurred, as a result of the boat taking part in the race. The organisers encompass everyone helping to run the race, and include the Organising Authority, the Race Committee, the Race Officer, the starting and finishing officials and the Aberdeen Boat Club Limited.
5. The provision of safety boats does not relieve the Skipper of his/her responsibilities.
I have read the Notice of Race and confirm that I agree to its provisions and that my boat will conform to its requirements throughout the event. I agree to be bound by the ABC Standard Dinghy Sailing Instructions. Before racing I will ensure that my crew is aware of the undertakings in this declaration.